Saturday, October 18, 2008

Veteran Noob

Well a lot has changed in Eve since I was last around.  To give you an idea of how long I've been out of the game, salvagers and titans were not around.  Although the game was instantly familiar, I'm finding all sorts of little improvements.  It is kind of amazing how far the game has come.  The improvements all seem to drive the fundamentals of the original game forward without drawing away from anything.  

The loss of T2 BPOs is kind of sad to me.  I always had a dream of owning a BPO from some small module.  Lets not fool anyone though, it never would have been more then a dream.  I think the new system is a nice method.  While T2 prices are much lower, it doesn't seem to have killed the economy either.  From what I have heard, the profit margin is now all that great on T2.  Maybe that is just compared to the ridiculous margins from the lotto system though.  The "new" exploring system seems interesting.  I'm looking forward to trying it out.

I restarted with almost no isk.  The last few weeks of my last Eve time was spent in a corp war that cost me a good chunk of assets.  The new skill books are eating up almost every dime a make.  Buying up skills and implants for my alt is only making things worse.

Did a bit of mining and was able to build a Drake.  It is such an awesome mission running ship.  Seems to be very popular too.  I'm trying to build up my shield skills for it.  All of the compensation skills are new since I was last around.  My BC skill is also only lvl3.  The Ferox just never provided enough to convince me to put anything serious into it.  I'm very close to running lvl 3 missions at my corp's new home.  I'm looking forward to throwing the Drake at something that isn't a complete snooze.

For every push there is a pull though.  Last night I was mining while a bit tired and buzzed.  I ended up losing my medium mining barge when a group a rats jumped in almost literally on top of me.  They closed the 10k pretty much immediately.  I didn't stand a chance.  Might have been the lack of sleep, but I didn't even see the change in Local until they were on me.  It was blue for hours until then.  Oh well.  I already replaced the barge.  They are not very expensive.  Just seems like I can't hold on to cash for anything this last week. 

I originally started playing Eve in 2005.  All I can say for myself is this:  I feel so noob....

No comments: